Date:      Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:25:31 -0700
From:      =?windows-1251?B?y/7h7uzo8CDD8Ojj7vDu4g==?= <nm.knife@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: eclipse with openjdk7 ?

---------- =CF=F0=E5=EF=F0=E0=F2=E5=ED=EE =F1=FA=EE=E1=F9=E5=ED=E8=E5 -----=
-----
=CE=F2: =CB=FE=E1=EE=EC=E8=F0 =C3=F0=E8=E3=EE=F0=EE=E2 <nm.knife@gmail.com>
=C4=E0=F2=E0: 17 =E0=E2=E3=F3=F1=F2 2011 00:25
=D2=E5=EC=E0: Re: eclipse with openjdk7 ?
=C4=EE: Thomas Gellekum <Thomas.Gellekum@gmx.de>

I tried compiling eclipse with both default openjdk6 and openjdk7 in
Makefile, fails both times. eclipse-devel fails with default Makefile,
haven't tried changing it.

I just want a working eclipse, I am using 8.2-STABLE

What is the best way to get it up and running?

The Java version used by Eclipse is currently hardcoded because it doesn't
> compile with all the (older) JDK6's out there. I guess nobody has tried t=
> use JDK7 to compile and run eclipse so far.
>
> You can easily try the "run" part: set JAVA_HOME in your environment to
> /usr/local/openjdk7 and start the /usr/local/bin/eclipse (or eclipse-deve=
l)
> script.
>
> As to "compile": set JAVA_VERSION to 1.6+ in eclipse-devel/Makefile (I
> don't think this will work with the main eclipse port, as it is still at
> 3.6.2) and rebuild. If OpenJDK7 is your default Java version, it should b=
> picked up automatically.
>
> Note that you can always specify a JRE for your own projects in the Java
> preferences. JDT support for JDK7 features will arrive with 3.7.1 (due en=
> of September, I think).
>
> tg

--=20
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)