Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:09:35 +0530
From:      <Muthu_T@Dell.com>
To:        <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   20040531 Build issues

Marcel,

	I had installed the new snapshot on DELL PE3250.

As Arun Sharma told, it has following issues:

1.  sysinstall corrupts the GPT partition after an install.=20
    Even if no changes were made (seems to convert it to msdos label
type).

2.  On a brand new blank disk, sysinstall has problems creating 3
partitions=20
    manually - EFI, swap, UFS. (Error message: Write to da0 failed)

3.  Selecting "auto partition", followed by some customizations=20
    (remove /tmp, /var) seems to confuse sysinstall. It still created 2
extra=20
    partitions, and installed FreeBSD in the wrong partition (size
256MB).=20
    Causing the filesystem to be full.

4.  sysinstall corrupts existing Linux/M$ partitions.

One more issue is the new snapshot, doesn't write EFI partition to disk.
(Already somebody raised this one in this list.) Due to this I had
installed the
FreeBSD, but couldn't boot it via 'Boot Maintanence menu'-> 'Boot From
File' entry.
EFI couldn't identify the EFI partition.=20

Any one faced this issue? In the old snapshot it creates EFI without any
problem(in the Auto partition mode).

BTW, Whenever I try to install Win2K3 on PE3250, it asks to delete the
partition after the EFI partition
In order to create MSR Partition(named MSUtil). So I have to delete the
swap partition for this.
Is there any other way to solve this? If we can solve the issue 4, then
we can install M$ first then FreeBSD, Linux next.

Thanks.
--T. Muthu Mohan.