Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:21:22 +0100
From:      Steffen Brinkmann <s.z.s@web.de>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   package for freeBSD: X-Bc

Hi!

I developed a program that I think is very usefull and worth to be
shared. I'm not a freeBSD user (so I cannot be a portmanager myself) but
there are user that are interested.

X-Bc is a grafical user interface to bc and provides extra functionality
such as trigonometric, exponential functions and number-theory. Nothing
special, you might say...

The advantage of X-Bc compared to other graphical calculators is that
input and output stay visible at all time and can be easily corrected,
compared, etc. This is a feature I looked for a long time and didn't
find... untill i wrote X-Bc

X-Bc is published under the terms of the GPL.

Please read http://x-bc.sourceforge.net for further info!
sources available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/x-bc

gtkmm  is needed to compile X-Bc.

regards, Steffen