Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:49:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   adaptec aro-1130sa raid controllers?

Hi folks,

	Has anyone gotten these beasts to work with FreeBSD?  My MB has
dual based AIC-7895 controllers on it that work great by themselves.  The
ARO BIOS reports itself as a AIC-7895C based board, but FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE
just doesn't see a thing.  After installing the ARO, FreeBSD doesn't even
see the original controllers.

	And, yes the ARO seems fine.  I have two and they both built their
RAID 5 arrays without incident.

	I really want to run RAID 5 on this box, but this has proven a show
stopper so far.

thanks,

	Adrian
--