Date:      24 Sep 2002 18:41:31 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange IPFW log message: Deny MAC in via ed0

I've just started using IPFW2 on my FreeBSD 4.7-RC1 firewall, and I'm
getting an entry in /var/log/security that I've not seen before:

  /kernel: ipfw: 2100 Deny MAC in via ed0

and

  /kernel: ipfw: 2100 Deny MAC in via fxp0

with ed0 and fxp0 being two of the active interfaces on that server.  The
rule in question is:

  2100 deny log ip from any to any

What's causing this?  I seem to have intermittent connectivity problems when
I see it.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.