Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 1996 20:48:22 -0800
From:      Binh Do <binhdo@binhdo.home.cs.ubc.ca>
To:        chenl@lasorda.princeton.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEC260 ATAPI

|> Stuart Broderick wrote:
|> >
|> > Hi,
|> >
|> > Anyone got the NEC260 ATAPI cdrom to work ? My 2.1R doesn't recognise
|> > it, any clues please ? All help appreciated.
|> >
|> > TIA
|> >
|> > Stuart.
|> Try this patch to /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/atapi.c

I just compiled the kernel with following lines (mine is NEC CDR-260R):

controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
disk            wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
#disk           wd3     at wdc1 drive 1

options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Binh.