Date:      29 Sep 1998 22:10:11 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot with lilo / or not

After having a few problems with an install, I've now managed it.
Just a minimal install to test the water.  Now that I see how to do it
I need to go back and set up a boot manager or add BSD to LILO.conf on
the linux OS sharing the disk.  At the moment I can't enter my new
install for lack of knowing how with a boot disk.

During the install, at the part where you select a boot manger or not,
I heeded the message that says `dos pc users will almost certainly
need to choose none'.  So how to enter BSD OS.

This box has dos/win on the first primary, and Redhat linux and
FreeBSD on the first slave. (wd1)

I understood I could add a stanza to Lilo.conf to include BSD but
realized I don't know where the kernal is located or how to point Lilo
at it.

--
Harry Putnam reader@newsguy.com
Running Redhat Linux-5.1