Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:19:01 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New to FreeBSD - Some questions

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:32:24 +0200, Fred Morcos wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to FreeBSD, coming from a GNU/Linux background (most
> comfortable with Archlinux). I compiled a series of questions I would
> like to ask in different areas and categories. Should I send them all in
> a single email message or should I split them by subject/topic into
> different emails?
>
> The advantage of the former is that I will be able to easily show
> relations between the different topics and questions (put them into
> context) as well as articulate the setup I would like to reach. The
> advantage of the latter is that it is cleaner and simpler to answer one
> question by one.
>
> Also, I have done a bit of poking around to answer each of my own
> questions, obviously with no luck, so I do not mind RTFM-ing - I would
> actually prefer it, please feel free to link me to an article,
> tutorial, man page or handbook that already answers one or more
> question(s).

I'm quite new to FreeBSD too (RHEL/Fedora background), and am most
impressed with it so far.

The first thing to mention is that this is an extremely helpful list (I
won't call it a newsgroup because it isn't one, though I read it via
gmane), and as such is most useful. Ask away!

Secondly (and probably stating the obvious), the handbook

<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/>;

is the place I always look first.

Good luck!