Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:10:08 -0700
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@dpk.net>
To:        smalone@udallas.edu, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to get /etc/ssh back

On 8/30/05, Sean P. Malone <smalone@udallas.edu> wrote:
> The system does ask for entropy upon the next reboot but the generation
> of the keys and startup of sshd fail since there is no /etc/ssh.
>=20
> If the install program doesn't create /etc/ssh, what does and how do I
> get it back?
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Sean

Judging by the Makefile in /usr/src/etc/Makefile, I'd say that all you
may have to do is mkdir /etc/ssh, and copy
/usr/src/crypto/openssh/{ssh_config,sshd_config,moduli} to /etc/ssh .
Then reboot and that entropy thing should work properly. (Alternately,
I think you could just run /etc/rc.d/sshd start ).