Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:04:15 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        jbeich@tormail.org, mexas@bristol.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ia64 firefox-esr ./yarr/pcre/pcre.h:49:18: error: jstl.h: No such file or directory

	From jbeich@tormail.org Fri Aug 24 21:01:41 2012

	Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk> writes:

	>>   $ patch -p0 -d $(make -V WRKSRC) -i ~/patch-pagesize-ia64-sparc64

I updated to r966. With this patch under files,
and with

# cat Makefile.local
MOZ_OPTIONS += --disable-tracejit --disable-methodjit
#

I can build and install experimental/www/firefox:

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/ia64-exp-ff15-build.log

It segfaults straight away on the firefox congratulations
page (or whatever it is called):

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/ia64-exp-ff15-debug-output

I get two coredumps:

-rw-------  1 mexas  wheel  403849216 Aug 31 10:29 firefox-bin.core
-rw-------  1 mexas  wheel  226189312 Aug 31 10:32 firefox.core

I analyse the firefox.core with "bt" and "thread apply all bt":

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/ia64-exp-ff15-gdb

It seems thead 8 has some useful data.

Not sure how to analyse firefox-bin, what I did was:

TZAV> gdb /usr/local/lib/firefox/firefox-bin firefox-bin.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "ia64-marcel-freebsd"...
Core was generated by `firefox-bin'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x0000000127486a80 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000127486a80 in ?? ()
#1  0x00000001273a55a0 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb) thread apply all bt

Thread 4 (process 101172):
#0  0x00000001273b9bc0 in ?? ()
#1  0x000000012739ed00 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Thread 3 (process 101178):
#0  0x00000001273b9bc0 in ?? ()
#1  0x000000012739ed00 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Thread 2 (process 101199):
#0  0x00000001273b9bc0 in ?? ()
#1  0x000000012739ed00 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Thread 1 (process 100141):
#0  0x0000000127486a80 in ?? ()
#1  0x00000001273a55a0 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)

which is no use.

Many thanks
Anton

P.S. Sorry about my shell syntax ignorance. I didn't
realise that
	>>   $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./firefox
is 2 separate commands on one line.