Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:30:36 -0400
From:      Jim Durham <durham@jcdurham.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   MultiHeaded Display on Dell Inspiron 600M

I have a Dell Inspiron 600M laptop. This laptop has a radeon mobility 9000
video system in it and will run multiheaded using the laptop screen and an
external monitor under Windows. I have had no luck getting this to work with
FreeBSD 5.2.1 and XFree86 4.3.0 .

I have tried everything I read on the radeon man page and Google and tried a
couple different XF86Config files posted on the 'net that purported to work
with this chip set.

All I ever get is the external monitor unless I do FN-LCD/CRT, which switches
me to the LCD and kills the external monitor. Doing FN-LCD/CRT again gets me
both screens in 1024x768 and the if I hit it again, I go back to the external
monitor at 1024x768 and the LCD is blank.  The external monitor normally runs
at 1280x1024 and does come up this way until I switch to the LCD, then it
goes to 1024x768 and won't go back to 1280 until I restart X.

I have tried one device section, two device sections, various options like
"DPMS", etc, all to no avail. I have 'xinearama' turned on.

Does anyone have this working?

Thanks,
--
-Jim