Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:35:51 +0100
From:      Alex Samorukov <samm@freebsd.org>
To:        Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /dev/vchiq on rpi4 (aarch64)

On 2021/02/25 16:51, Greg V wrote:

>> simplebus0: <mailbox@7e00b840> mem 0x7e00b840-0x7e00b87b irq 55 compat
>> brcm,bcm2711-vchiq (no driver attached)
>>
>> Do i need to add something to the dtb to fix that?
>
> No, sys/contrib/vchiq/interface/vchiq_arm/vchiq_kmod.c needs
> to actually bind to brcm,bcm2711-vchiq and not just the 2835 one.
>
> (and, well, actually handle hardware difference between these)
Got it, that was my assumption. Already found in Linux sources that they
are using different addressing and some other model-depended quicks.
Also it seems that broadcom sources in contrib/ are based on very old
release. Not sure if i have enough knowledge to properly sync them as it
seems they been modified a lot.