Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 09:33:00 +0800 (WST)
From:      Terry Dwyer <tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
To:        Charlie Luck <root@univers.chernovtsy.ua>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Question]

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Charlie Luck wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I'm owner of your brand name FreeBSD CD.
> Now question.
> If I have APC Back-UPS Pro connected to my computer with FreeBSD.
[...]

There seems to be an increasing number of people asking for info on UPS
software lately.  For the benefit of those people who have asked and
those who are about to:

FTP site:     ftp://ftp.ww.net/pub/wildwind/upsd
Mailing list: upsd-list@ww.net

About the only thing missing is the cable info

                Smart Cable:

                UPS      Serial port
                DB9F <-> DB9M
      outer shell <-------> outer shell (shield)
                1 <-------> 3 Tx data
                2 <-------> 2 Rx data
        Common  5 <-------> 9 Signal Gnd

        2400 Baud, 8N1, no flow control

Important: You MUST set the switches on the rear of the UPS to the ON (up)
position in order to set parameters from upsd.

Note that upsd-2.0.1.4 of does not seem to be able to permanently store
(in cmos or whatever) the values set with 'tune'. I've asked a question
about it but have had no answers.

Hope this helps.

   _-_|\    Terry Dwyer 	  E-Mail: tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au
  /     \   System Administrator  Phone: +61 9 491 5161     Fax: +61 9 221 2631
  *_.^\_/   Telecom Australia     Telstra Corporation       MIME capable mailer
       v    Perth  WA                 ( I do not speak for Telstra or Telecom )