Date:      Sat, 04 Feb 2012 08:28:26 -0800
From:      Dennis Glatting <freebsd@penx.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F3t_Andr=E1s?= <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aesni module with AMD CPUs?

I am confused by the Bulldozer comment and what FreeeBSD 9.0 reports.

#1:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor            (4017.99-MHz
K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x600f12  Family = 15  Model = 1
Stepping = 2

Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>

Features2=0x1698220b<SSE3,PCLMULQDQ,MON,SSSE3,CX16,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AESNI,XSAVE,AVX>
  AMD Features=0x2e500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD
Features2=0x1c9bfff<LAHF,CMP,SVM,ExtAPIC,CR8,ABM,SSE4A,MAS,Prefetch,OSVW,IBS,XOP,SKINIT,WDT,LWP,FMA4,NodeId,Topology,<b23>,<b24>>

And

#2:

CPU: AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6274                  (2200.07-MHz