Date:      Wed, 14 May 2008 13:30:13 +0530
From:      "Madan Thapa" <madan.feedback@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   issues : FreeBSD kernel compile for ipfw support

Hi to all,

I am freebsd newbie at the moment and want your help  on the following
issues :

1) I compiled bsd kernel for ipfw support using the doc at
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-setup-freebsd-ipfw-firewall/  and upon
reboot, the system did not allow connections from outside. I could login to
the server remotely via IPMI but not via ssh, although, ipfw entries were
not setup in /etc/rc.conf to start on boot.

So I ended up booting into old kernel  ( generic ) , instead of IPFWKERNEL

Now I want to know how to change the boot loader to boot the Generic kernel
on subsequent reboots.  Like in linux we do it in grub.conf

2) Can you also let me know the steps to add ipfw support in kernel?

3) How do I check that ipfw support is already there?

# ipfw list

will do ?

Thanks