Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:26:42 +0100
From:      fergus <tofergus@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Adelkhan@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C++ link

>             I need someone give me a hint to find out the problem.

hmmmm. strange.  i can't help more than to say it all works fine for me.  i'd
guess that the c++ libraries haven't been built & installed.  the compiler
finds the header file ok (& so builds the object file) but cannot link the
externals required
	(i.e.	/usr/obj/src/gnu/lib/libstdc++/iostream.o ||
		/usr/lib/libstdc++/iostream.o ||
		/usr/libdata/gcc/iostream.o )
my files are in /usr/obj/src/gnu/lib/libstdc++ from buildworld but installworld
does not seem to place them any where else so i'm not sure where the package
installation of these would go, sorry.

> I got copy of this BSD from collegue instead of downloading from web site. I
> don't know if the copy is complete or there is something I don't know to make
> this c++ compiler work.

i would strongly recommend that you cvsup (or other update) & build an up to
date installation.