Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:07:49 -0500
From:      Kent Hauser <kent@lab1.tfd.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   src install/upgrade

As it just happened to me (*again*), I thought I'd complain
to the powers-that-be.

I'm upgrading my laptop to current. (And on a different subject
"cd /usr/src/release;make release" doesn't build because of
some ports problems...but no big deal.)

I mount the cd (or nfs or whatever), cd to the "src" distribution and
do "sh install.sh all". Then "cd /usr/src; make world >& world.log"
and immediately the build fails -- no "tools". So I then have to
I remember I didn't install the crypto stuff so I have to
"cd crypto;sh ../src/install.sh `basename *.aa .aa|sed s/s//`"

Then I can build world.

Why can't the src/install.sh do the right thing the first time?

Just curious,

Kent