Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 00:06:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hoek@hwcn.org, root@acromail.ml.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Info files.

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> The GNU C library reference is, to give them their due, an excellent
> reference for the GNU C library.  It did not (last time I looked) make
> an adequate distinction however between the "standard" C library
> functionality and the bolt-on extras that it includes.

Hm.  I'm looking at one from Dec. 23, 1994, and they do seem to
note for most documented functionality wether its GNU, Posix,
BSD, ANSI, or "MS-DOG".  Additionally, an Appendix B lists each
library facility (ie. functions, macros, headers), followed by
_one_ of ANSI, BSD, POSIX.1, POSIX.2, GNU, SVID, Unix, SunOS, or
Unknown origin.

[Oh, ok.  There are a couple places where they list BSD & SVID,
but most list only one]

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk