Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:49:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michiel Boland <boland@diva.nl>
To:        Mike Holling <myke@ees.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C5x9 Network cards

> I've been using and recommending the 3C509 cards for years.  Never had any
> kind of problem with them, and performance is fine.  Be sure to take the
> card out of "plug and play" mode and hardwire the IRQ/IO settings.

What bothers me sometimes is that these cards get into a funny mode where
they appear to mess up all imcoming frames. This usually happens when I
boot Another OS (TM), and then FreeBSD. I have to hit the reset switch
(soft reboots do not work) to get the thing working again. This is the
3c509 model that has a BNC and a 10BaseT connector. Haven't seen it on
other models yet.

Other than that, nice cards.

--
Michiel Boland <boland@diva.nl>