Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:38:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        khetan@chain.iafrica.com (Khetan Gajjar)
Subject:   Re: SCSI refresh

As Khetan Gajjar wrote:

> > Of course -- but all you need is *just one* device on the SCSI bus.
> > The -r option will reprobe the entire bus then.  That's why i gave you
> > /dev/rsd0.ctl as an example.
>
> Unfortunately, CD-ROM is *only* device on scsi bus :(

Peter Dufault was thinking about a /dev/superscsi or something like
this some time ago, but apparently, it has never made its way into the
code.

Well, perhaps we should also create device nodes for the SCSI busses
(/dev/scsi0, /dev/scsi1)?  All they can be used for are some basic
ioctl's.

Peter?  Julian?

--
cheers, J"org