Date:      Thu, 10 May 2007 07:59:44 +0200
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Karl_Sj=F6dahl_-_dunceor?=" <dunceor@gmail.com>
To:        "Mohacsi Janos" <mohacsi@niif.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Subhash Gopinath <subhashg.unix@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: ipv6 Secure NDP

On 5/9/07, Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi@niif.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>         There was a plan to implement SEND at KAME, but due to IPR issues
> KAME did not start the implementation:
> http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20040525/
>
> Maybe it could be implemented in Google Summer of Code for any BSD.
>
> Regards,
>
> Janos Mohacsi
> Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and Projects
> NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
> Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F  4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882
>
> On Tue, 8 May 2007, Subhash Gopinath wrote:
>
> > Hello folks,
> >
> > Is there a plan to implement ipv6 SEND (secure NDP)  in FreeBSD?
> > There's a userspace implementation by DoCoMo, but thats not yet
> > in the official ports collection.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --Subhash

There is still patent issues with SEND as far as I know so I do not
see how this could be implemented in a GSoC? Microsoft which has
claims wants a licence from them I think.

I got interested in this now and since I work at Ericsson I will look
this up and see what the status is from the Ericsson side of it.

BR
Karl