Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:36:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LED command timeout errors

As Ugen J.S.Antsilevich wrote:

> >> When I am using my lexmark keyboard (standard ps/2 style keyboard and an
> >> adapter to convert the jack to a normal-din connector instead of the
> >> smaller one) I am unable to see the LEDs for capslock numlock and
> scrollock..
> Same with me..i have some sort of no-name keyboard and using pcvt
> i am unable to see the leds, they are just off all the time..With

Do you get syslog messages that the LEDs cannot be handled?

> syscons they are doing pretty well...Also Ctrl+Alt+Del doesnt works
> in pcvt and there are a couple of odd things with keyboard mapping like
> Backspace etc but theese are resolvable...

Both is intention.  Now that shutdown_nice() does the right thing,
pcvt will eventually switch to it in the next version.  I'm still not
sure if it should be enabled by default.  (In other words: i hate
it. :)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/