Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:34:36 +0200
From:      Felix Palmen <zirias@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating socket with socat

--i7eutj7kaeer62ke

* Parodper <parodper@gmail.com> [20230724 12:17]:
> I'm trying to make a remote socket local by using socat.
> [...]
>     E setsockopt(7, 41, 27, {1}, 4): Invalid argument

I'm not entirely sure I fully understand the scenario and the error. But
if your goal is to access some local unix domain socket on a remote
machine, I have my own pet tool for exactly that purpose here:
<https://github.com/Zirias/remusock>;

Maybe you find it useful. The FreeBSD port linked there isn't really
polished, so far I didn't expect anyone would want to see that tool in
the official ports tree :)

Also, I hope I can release some update soon that would finally also
support a config file instead of entirely relying on command line
arguments.

--=20
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de
 -- ports committer --                     {web}  http://palmen-it.de
 {pgp public key}  http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt
 {pgp fingerprint} 6936 13D5 5BBF 4837 B212  3ACC 54AD E006 9879 F231

--i7eutj7kaeer62ke

--i7eutj7kaeer62ke--