Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:54:24 +0000
From:      Dima Dorfman <dd@freebsd.org>
To:        "Leo R. Lundgren" <leo@finalresort.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, wkoszek@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mdmfs -P

--ZoaI/ZTpAVc4A5k6

Leo R. Lundgren <leo@finalresort.org> wrote:
> Is there any way we could get the somewhat new -P option of mdmfs=20
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sbin/mdmfs/mdmfs.c.diff?r1=3D1=
=2E25&r2=3D1.26)=20
> to be put into -stable as well?

Have you tried using this feature on -CURRENT? When I committed it,
the original submitter (Wojciech, CC'd) said that my change didn't
work for him because it is disabled in compat mode (when mdmfs is
called as mount_mfs). I agree that this is a problem since the name
"mount_md" no longer works, although I didn't realize that at the
time.

Since it seems that a lot of people are asking for this, a reasonable
interim solution is to allow just this option in compat mode, although
figuring out what to do about the other non-compat-only options would
be a better long term solution. Wojciech, would a change that removes
the compat mode test for this option be acceptable for you too?

--ZoaI/ZTpAVc4A5k6

--ZoaI/ZTpAVc4A5k6--