Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 20:56:31 +0100
From:      Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, sparc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: woo-hoo!

On Wed, 2001/11/21 at 23:18:15 -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> In article <20011121195704.C57107@dragon.nuxi.com> you write:
> >On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:46:11PM -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>
> >The real question is can you boot from a SCSI disk?
>
> For what I'm doing, I don't actually care that much; it's no hardship
> to netboot so long as I don't have to run an NFS server.  Hopefully we
> will be able to deal with the CMD646 soon enough for me to care.

It seems that the CMD 646 does work now (I haven't tested it really
extensive, but things look promising).

I've updated the following kernels:
  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~tmm/main-ultra.gz	(for Ultra machines)
  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~tmm/main-sym.gz	(above + sym)
  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~tmm/main.gz	(for Blades)

As said, this is lightly tested (although the change should be
harmless), so please be a bit careful if you want to run it.

	- thomas