Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:00:20 -0700
From:      "David Smithson" <david@customfilmeffects.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ieee 1394, state of

Hello.

I've asked this question before, but received no response.  I'll ask again
to see if anything has changed.  What is the current state of IEEE 1394 in
FreeBSD?  If there is such development, where would one look?

Our company uses a dual 630GB RAID system running FreeBSD.  We accept and
deliver content on 80GB Maxtors in firewire enclosures.  Currently, we
transfer files across a switched gigabit Ethernet from various Windows
compositing workstations.  I'd like to be able to transfer files directly
from the RAID to the firewire, from bus to bus.  This would free up some net
time for other things.  I've found nothing that points to the availability
of firewire under FreeBSD.  I assume there is no support.

--
David Smithson - Systems Administrator
Custom Film Effects