Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:22:28 +0200
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox-4.1.10: Mouse gets trapped in the FreeBSD-9.0 guest with additions installed

On 04.04.2012 04:03, Yuri wrote:
> I installed fresh FreeBSD-9.0 VBox i386 and amd64 guests.
> Both of them fail to have mouse integration, mouse is trapped and
> window resize doesn't work.
> Xorg.log gets such errors:

> (II) VBoxVideo(0): VirtualBox guest additions video driver version
> 4.1.10_OSE
> (EE) VBoxVideo(0): Failed to initialize the VirtualBox device
> (rc=-102) - make sure that the VirtualBox guest additions are
> properly
> installed.  If you are not sure, try reinstalling them.  The X Window
> graphics drivers will run in compatibility mode.
> (II) VBoxVideo(0): Setting screen physical size to 270 x 203
> (EE) VBoxVideo(0): Unable to determine whether the virtual machine
> supports mouse pointer integration - request initialization failed
> with return code -4
> (II) PS/2 Mouse: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
> (EE) VBoxVideo(0): Unable to determine whether the virtual machine
> supports mouse pointer integration - request initialization failed
> with return code -4
> (II) VBoxVideo(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
> (II) VBoxVideo(0): Modeline "1024x768"x0.0   47.83  1024 1026 1028
> 1030  768 770 772 774 -hsync -vsync (46.4 kHz)
> (EE) VBoxVideo(0): Unable to determine whether the virtual machine
> supports mouse pointer integration - request initialization failed
> with return code -4
> (EE) VBoxVideo(0): Unable to determine whether the virtual machine
> supports mouse pointer integration - request initialization failed
> with return code -4
> (EE) VBoxVideo(0): Unable to determine whether the virtual machine
> supports mouse pointer integration - request initialization failed
> with return code -4
>
> And many more times the same message.
>
> Basically FreeBSD additions 4.1.10 are broken.

I've just verified that the additions haven't regressed since 4.0.
So I've installed 4.1.10 additions on PC-BSD 9.0 and X11, mouse and
clipboard sharing work the same as before.

To be fair seamless mouse did never work but I'm not sure if that is
because of our old Xorg stack or an oversight in the additions.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/