Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2019 17:32:04 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@gmail.com>
To:        Miranda van den Breukelingen <mms.vanbreukelingen@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with AMDGPU and two grafic cards

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:36:48 +0200
Miranda van den Breukelingen <mms.vanbreukelingen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know exactly what's going wrong with my graphics: from the
> beginning: there is an onboard graphic card, that can't be explicitly
> enabled/disabled in UEFI BIOS as up to further development on Ryzen 7s
> APUs, where GPU isn't on processor on my ASUS B350 Prime as far as
> manuals in the web tell me.
>
> BSD recognizes both cards and tries to initialize both of them what's
> ending up with 'mixing up new and old fw'. I tried with Trident as
> grafical installer works and the drm-driver does it's best but finally
> ending up with something like no modesetting-support; can paste content
> of dmesg if necessary. Deluded a bit and the scfb driver doesn't do at
> all. I # the card 1 with identifier..., then the same with card 0;
> results still: no screens found.
>
> I'm using CURRENT generic. Any suggestions?

This ASUS main board does support Ryzen CPUs with integrated
graphics if the BIOS is recent enough.

That's why it has HDMI/DVI/VGA connectors on the back.

Does your CPU have G or GE as part of its name?  Then it has
integrated graphics and you should NOT be using a separate
graphics card.

I have one of these boards with a Ryzen 5 WITHOUT integrated
graphics so I do use a (NVIDIA) graphics card.

--
Gary Jennejohn