Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:14:49 EST
From:      Hetzels <Hetzels@aol.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache Port & Modules

I was asked the following question about my apache-fp port.

>  Also, have you thought about adding PHP/FI into the make files?

Not to the current apache-fp port, but a change to the apache port, so that it
could retrieve patches & run scripts in the other apache modules ports.

Using make in the apache port as follows:

make -Dapache-fp -Dapache-phpfi -Dapache-ssl

would cause the apache port to compile with the FP, PHP/FI & SSL modules.

Thus my port would be reduced to just the FP patches & scripts and wouldn't
need any of the patches from the apache port. As it would be called from the
apache port instead.

Now there would need to be cooperation between the apache port maintainer &
the apache module maintainers. So that any changes made don't break the
modules or the server.

Scot