Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:33:38 -0700
From:      Lance <lancez@accessld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        lancez@accessld.com

Hi, there:

My freebsd PC is connected to our intranet. When I root the system and login
as root,
I execute the command 'ifconfig ed1' to check its IP address and didn't find
it. So
I execute something like 'ifconfig ed1 179.208.33.1' to assign it an IP
address. Now
I am able to ping other machines from this PC and I can ping it from other
machines
too. However, when I shut it down and reboot the machine, its IP address is
lost.

What I am wondering is that how could I avoiding this manually IP address
assignment
everytime when I root the system? Could I put it into some configuration file?

Appreciate your help!

Lance

lancez@accessld.com