Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 01:59:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tuanjoseph@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fdisk partition

Hi,

    I hope you are in a good mood because I am truely a novice user. I bought
the
FreeBSD 2.2.2 CD-ROM today, the cute little devil make me do it!  I read the
instruction and proceed to install the package into my PC( Pentium S, 32M
RAM).
Of course being a novice, I selected Novice to begin installing. I proceeded
to the Fdisk section and here the problem begin. I currently have Windows 95
on my system and would like to keep it there.I am hoping to partition the
disk in such a way so that when I boot the system up I would be able to
select either FreeBSD, Windows 95, or DOS as an operating system. So here are
my stupid questions:

1) When you said to partition the disk, do you mean that of the 32M of RAM
 on
    my system will be allocate to each of the three operating system on my
    computer?

2)  If the above question is true, how would I go about repartitioning the
disk since
     Windows 95 used up almost all of the RAM already?

3)  I have a 28.8 US Robotics CDROM drive, is that an unsupported type? What
do
     you mean by unsuported type?

     When I bought the CD-ROM, I thought it would be goof-proof to install.
Boy I was
wrong to make that assumption. I would apppriciate any advice you will have
for me.
Please be as detail as possible because I am truly a novice user especially
with
terminologies!

Greatly Appriciative,
Joseph