Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 11:18:21 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Brad Hendrickse <bradh@iafrica.com>
To:        Gordon Wang <guelph@tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

> When I ran the xfm(x-window file manager) under x-window environment
> (FreeBSD 2.2.1),I got a meesage "ld.so faild:can't find shared library
> libxpm.so.4.10".
> What's wrong with this message?

 Nothing is wrong there. What you must do is go to the
/usr/ports/graphics/xpm directory and type: "make install; make clean"

> After I installed a package,I don't know how to execute it.
> What should I do?
> e.g.
> After I installed 'spice'(a general circuit emulator),I changed
> to /usr/ports/cad/spice. I found 6 file system  CVS,files,
> pkg,Makefile,patches,and scripts.I didn't find any executable
> file that has to do with 'spice'.

 It doesn't install the binary files to that directory... Check the file
PLIST in the pkg directory of the specific port. ie
"/usr/ports/cad/spice/pkg/PLIST" and take a look there to see if you can
find the spice binary.

> Thank you very much

 Pleasure...

--brad                                                    I'm a FreeBSD user--

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.