Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:29:35 +0200
From:      Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   soundcard recommendations?

Hello,

can anybody in this list recommend a soundcard for use with FreeBSD?

I browsed through /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound.doc but that did not
help much because I am not so much of a soundcard knowledge boy.

What I would love to have is just a little piece of hardware that runs ;),
that plays some MP3s without slowing down my machine up to uselessness,
and that has two nice chinch connectors so that I can connect it to my
stereo.

Is ISA really the only choice? I wouldn't mind a PCI card but I am running
out of PCI slots. Are there any SCSI sound cards out there? (I have plenty
of free slots on my controller. ;)) Last but not least - it would be nice
if I do not need to spend a couple hundred bucks for it. (Well, I know -
it sounds like a lot what I am asking for.)

Any support is very much appreciated.

	Roland