Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:11:16 +0200
From:      Arek Czereszewski <arek@wup-katowice.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   postfix don't use DNS

Hello

I have problem with daemons working on server.
Postfix and qpoper dont use DNS. All connections is always show as:
[...]
connect unknown[213.216.67.82] // this my workstation
[...]
But i know, this machine have DNS record and RevDNS.

 From workstations nslookup and any others things using my DNS work fine.

DNS, postfix and qpopper work on this same machine.
I think this is some ipfw error but i don't know where :(
I use firewall based on rc.firewall

Here part of rules script:

[...]
# Allow access to our DNS
${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any to me 53 setup
${fwcmd} add pass udp from any to me 53
${fwcmd} add pass udp from me 53 to any

# Allow DNS queries out in the world
${fwcmd} add pass udp from me to any 53 keep-state
[...]

/etc/resolv.conf:
domain wup-katowice.pl
search wup-katowice.pl
nameserver 213.216.67.81
nameserver 213.241.68.146

And error is when i try cvsup:
#cvsup /etc/cvsup
Unknown host "cvsup1.pl.freebsd.org"
#

Can somebody help me?

Thank you
Arek
--
Arek Czereszewski       | jid: aro(at)chrome.pl
arek(at)wup-katowice.pl |  gg: 1349941