Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 02:16:42 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to set different terminal emulation?

> I use cons25r terminal emulation for ttyv* consoles.  But I'd like to
> set emulation to something like VT100,102, etc. when connecting via
> SSH or telnet (to match with client terminal emulatiom mode).

If all the users on your box would like cons25r on console, the simplest
solution is to edit /dev/ttys, replacing instances of cons25 with
cons25r.

If you can't be sure that everyone else shares your preferences, then
you could place the following lines in your .profile:

	if tty | grep -q ttyv; then
		TERM=cons25r
	else
		TERM=${TERM:-vt100}