Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 16:05:46 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        "Eriya Akasaka" <eakasaka@rodfbs.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exim stops working in 4.3-STABLE because of Perl problems?

On Sat, 12 May 2001 13:04:05 +1200, "Juha Saarinen" wrote:

> Yes, I did enable that (had it enabled in 4.2-STABLE as well).
>
> Is there some isse with threaded Perl?

I've had horrible luck with Perl threads, but I've never lookde into it
seriously.

By the way, ports are generally supposed to survive an upgrade, as long
as you don't blow away old libraries.  However, applications that link
against Perl should, in my opinion, always be rebuilt and linked against
the new Perl libraries after an upgrade.

For example, I had similar nasties with nvi linked against Perl in an
upgrade from 4.2-STABLE to 5.0-CURRENT recently.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Ciao,
Sheldon.