Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:31:04 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B

Dear Warner,

M. Warner Losh wrote on Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:35:13PM -0700:
> You might try booting under windows.  The windows driver for this card
> downloads updated firmware to the card....  This is assuming that the
> 'B' version of this card is like the 'B' version of the cisco card
> that I have (they are all OEM'd from the same place).
[..]

Thanks for that hint. Unfortunately, it did not help. :(
I could use the card successfully with W2K, but a subsequent
try under FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE only showed the same symptoms.

Referring to John's answer, could you confirm, that in principle
the 'wi' driver would be appropriate for this card? And would
you also say, according to the symptoms described, the card's
CIS info could not be read properly to select an attach any driver?

Pccardd says:

pccardd[52]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

Thanks and beste regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                  - Soon I will be free, then hungry. -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*