Date:      Sat, 08 Sep 2012 14:34:14 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dell Perc H200A

I tried to install FreeBSD 9.0 Release on a Dell R410 with Perc H200A
today.  When I tried ran the new installer it failed.  So I switched to
sysinstall, but it couldn't recognize the disk.

I googled and found out that there's been a problem with no driver for that
controller.  If I understand it correctly, the mps driver works, but you
had to use something called JBOD mode.  I have no idea what that is or how
to set it up.  I'm not real knowledgeable about RAID and controllers and
the like.

All I want to do is install FreeBSD on this box.  Is there a version of
FreeBSD that will work with the Perc H200A?  If so, how do I get it?

Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst