Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 01:32:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        C.R.Harding@massey.ac.nz
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heavily loaded mail servers - any stats?

I have some rough info.  Our nameserver/auth/pop-server/mailserver does
about 150,000 messages a month, and it's currently pretty happy.  It's a
Pentium 133 with 128M and one big drive.  The only bottleneck I see now is
the drive.  I'm going to be striping two 2G Cudas for /var/mail RSN and
adding a tape drive to the machine to simplify nightly backups of the mail
spool.  I have a feeling that will take me pretty far, as it's nowhere
near swapping yet, and it's still running 2.1-stable...

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB