Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 1997 01:06:57 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        dg@root.com, support@cyclades.com
Cc:        waz@cyclades.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Flow control on Cyclades boards???

Ok. I now have the boards up and running between machines, but I'm having a
problem with silo overflows almost constantly on all the currently running
ports. I'm using pppd (options listed below) to set up a number of ppp
sessions between two pentium pro 200s.

I originally tried to run 32 of them at 115200. It failed miserably. I then
dropped back to 16 at 115200. Then to 16 at 57600. Still got silo
errors constantly.

At this point, I thought it might be a flow-control issue, so I tried to
make some changes to /etc/ppp/options to allow for flow control, but I'm
not getting anywhere. Perhaps someone can give me some more useful information?

/etc/ppp/options
----------------
-bsdcomp
-defaultroute
persist
crtscts

I've also tried xonxoff as an option (both ends are identical except for
the persist line - only the call negotiator has this).

i've also tried to use /etc/rc.serial to set some initial and lock states
(including most variations on the crtscts, ixon, and ixany flags).

Any help would be appreciated.
	-Brian