Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:43:25 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcmcia remove hang under 4.0-stable

Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net> probably said:
> Of course as soon as I compile the debugger in and reboot, I can't
> reproduce it (same sequence I did before, same system suspends, etc)

What I have managed to reproduce is a flashcard related crash.

boot the machine
put my sandisk 48Mb compact flash in a pcmcia adaptor in
 mdir f:
remove it
 mount /dev/ad8s1 /dos/f

Panic. I don't see the panic message, but I did manage to get two
corefiles saved. savecore says it's a page fault.

Never done any debugging from freebsd core files, just solaris where I
have a nice script and a book (Panic ! Core dump analasis, highly
recommended) to guide me ;)

Clues or documentation pointers ?
(apart from http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kerneldebug.html#AEN20431
which I've already found and will read in detail later today, got to
go do stuff right now).

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu