Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:34:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with RC3

> > OK, this works for me, but then PCMCIA does not seem to work.
> The installer only supports NEWCARD (ie, PCI CARDBUS) devices.
> Do you have an ISA or PCMCIA only PCI based system?

No idea, sorry. This is an IBM ThinkPad 600 notebook.

If ACPI is disabled, no PC Cards are found at the boot time and
inserting one later does not have any effect for the system.
If ACPI is enabled, however, cards are detected, but removing them out
of the tray brings the system in the state, where I can switch terminals
(Alt+F1), I can turn off NumLock, but no other keys work. Same thing
is happening if I insert some card. No beeps at all.

So, if ACPI is enabled, I keep having Fatal traps
12... (acpi_thermal). If disabled -- no fun without peripherals :-)

I have just installed 5.0-RC3.
What else to try?

Anyway, thanks to all developers for the great work!!

--
Alexander Pohoyda
<alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>