Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:04:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      alex <alex@gd.chalmers.se>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Trouble with Linux 2.0.32 MD and AHA2940UW

I have a machine with 2 AHA2940 cards.
It used to be configured like this:

AHA2940W---------/rootdisk
		2 disk in a stripe of 4 (MD raid0)

AHA2940W--------2 more disks i the stripe of 4 (MD raid0)

With this configuration I get the following errormessage:
Warning!! Interrupt routine called reentrantly!

When I changed the configuration to be like this:

AHA2940W--------/rootdisk

AHA2940W--------All 4 disks in the stripe (MD raid0)

the error dissapeared.

Now I don't know which configuration is the "best" for preformance but
since the first one doesn't work I'm stuck with the second one. I thought
that maybe the fist config could be faster since the load got shared
on the to controllers.... Any opinions or hints ??

/Alex
--
| Alex Frausin             | Linux > Solaris, HP-UX, BSD, NT, MacOS      |