Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:22:10 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zenoss Port Web-UI seems incomplete

Kaya Saman wrote on 06.06.2012 15:02:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov<cvs-src@yandex.ru>  wrote:
>> Hi Kaya,
>>
>> Kaya Saman wrote on 06.06.2012 14:30:
>>

>>> Can someone suggest anything or am I stuck with Linux for Zenoss?
>>>

>> Would you disclose some details like what the exact problem is, which error
>> messages you are seeing, what isn't works as expected? From which version
>> you are migrating (which version you have installed on a Linux boxes)?
>> FreeBSD port of Zenoss seems slightly outdated.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Ruslan
>>
>> Tinderboxing kills... the drives.
>
> Sorry for the non-existant information......
>
> FreeBSD version is 3.1.0 built fresh from ports - clean install
>
> CentOS 6.2 version is 3.2.1 - I think I got directly from zenoss
> homepage though can't quite remember now! Again clean install
>

> Unfortunatley the version in FreeBSD seems to be missing a few
> bits.... I am unable to get the Web-UI (Zope) running.
>

> Changing the /usr/local/zenoss/etc/zope.conf file was the easy part
> but there are many inconsistancies....
>

> This is what the tty gives on a restart:
>

> Daemon: zopectl exec: /usr/local/zenoss/python/bin/zopectl: not found
> Daemon: zeoctl Error: no program specified; use -p or -C
> For help, use /usr/local/zenoss/bin/zeoctl -h
> Daemon: zeoctl Error: no program specified; use -p or -C
> For help, use /usr/local/zenoss/bin/zeoctl -h
> Daemon: zopectl exec: /usr/local/zenoss/python/bin/zopectl: not found
>

> This error is after I copied over zopectl from the Linux version!
>

> I didn't find zopectl on the system at all, unless I looked in the wrong place?
>

> Regards,
>
> Kaya

Did you initialize zenoss instance? zopectl should be copied after that.

[rm@smeshariki3 ~]> cat /usr/ports/net-mgmt/zenoss/pkg-message

Add the following line to /etc/rc.conf to enable zenoss:
zenoss_enable="YES"

To initialize zenoss, you can run the following (as root):
service zenoss init

After this will be done, just do `service zenoss start` and it should
start.