Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:40:55 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        "hg@glaess.ndh.com" <hg@glaess.ndh.com>
Cc:        majordomo freebsd-isdn <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: i4b and routing

On Fri, Sep 11, 1998 at 08:30:51AM +0200, hg@glaess.ndh.com wrote:
> > You need to add a defaultroute to the remote side (or if you
> > wish, add a defaultroute over your isppp0-interface, although
> > routing over IPs is "cleaner"), which can be done for example in
> > /etc/rc.isdn or /etc/start_if.isppp0.
>
> i use the rc.isdn and i have changed the parts for my ISP inside of it.

If you have a look at the sample rc.isdn (/usr/src/i4b/etc/rc.isdn-PPP)
you will find the following lines:

case $switch in

zzz)
        ifconfig isppp0 up
        echo 'adding default route to ZZZ'
        route add default -interface isppp0
        ;;

which is exactly the thing you want (I would setup the remote IP
as my default-router 'route add default <remote-IP>', which of
course is only possible if that IP is static).

> > This is a very inprecise description of your problem. Does your
> > ISP route 1 single IP to you or more IPs or even a subnet ?
> he have 2 class-c nets for diffrent thinks and for web i must use a
> proxy server on port 80 and this machine is in the second net.
>
> my default gateway ist the firt one. (the accessserver)

First just try pinging the remote end of the PPP-connection from
your machines. If it does not reply on a Ping from your
non-routing boxes, start debugging this problem (or sending logs
to the list if you really dont know what could be wrong).

Does he assign you one single IP-address ? In this case you will
have to use private IP-addresses for your internal routing and
then let your router (the machine running isdn4bsd) perform NAT,
which already was described by Arve and Garry.

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet