Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:51:44 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        bf1783@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] GNU make 3.82

I'm sorry that I did not have a chance to run the gmake -exp sooner.

Up until recently, I haven't been doing any -exps myself, other than to
test the setup on pointyhat-west (on which I continue to find bugs in the
newer, generalized, codebase).  I put the gmake -exp on there primarily as
a way to further test my changes (in particular, changes to the 'build'
command that allow for top-level nodes in the ZFS tree to be destroyed.)

I had not previously looked at the gmake situation at all.  (In October
and November, in fact, I was traveling on vacation.)

So, none of this was a deliberate choice on my part.  If I had it to
do over again, I would do it differently.

mcl