Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:23:12 -0400
From:      Tod Luginbuhl <tod@science-guy.npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
To:        Sam Scruggs <sscruggs@cucinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA

Sam,

Go to http://Makefile.ORG/FreeBSD/PAO/ and down load the PAO boot floppy
and the PAO distribution.  You can use the PAO boot floppy to boot and
install FreeBSD.  Put the PAO distribution on your laptop and follow
the instructions to build it (you will need the kernel sources).
After this you should have FreeBSD to go.

This worked for me.  I believe I have install FreeBSD this way using a
network card (3com 3C589) and a scsi cdrom (Adaptec 1460 slim scsi).
I hope this helps you.

Tod

Tod Luginbuhl                         email:  t.e.luginbuhl@ieee.org
Code 2121                                     luginbuhl@npt.nuwc.navy.mil
Naval Undersea Warfare Center
1176 Howell Street                    Telephone: (401) 841-7505 x38241
Newport, Rhode Island                 FAX:       (401) 841-7453
USA

"Don't argue with drunks and fanatics!" -- Sun Wolf (Barbara Hambly)