Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 1996 06:47:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        wes@btsslc.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        joe.gazarik@jabs.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I need drivers for the Epson Stylus Color printer and ES-600 C scanner

> Graphics is another ball of wax.  Neither UNIX nor Xwindows specifies
> any sort of printer support; the closest you can get to a common
> denominator is PostScript(tm), and even that is not universally
> supported.  Most text and graphics processors do support PS to some
> extent today.

I'm sorry if I said this already but I didn't see my response:  If
you have the Epson Stylus PRO you can get an Adobe Postscript PROM
for it.  IMO that is the best FreeBSD solution.  Epson
is on the net at www.epson.com though I haven't checked the page
to see if they give all the info.

-

Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936
dufault@hda.com             Fax:   508 433 5267