Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:36:16 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, kjc@csl.sony.co.jp
Subject:   Re: HZ missing in options?

>Is there any reason why HZ isn't listed in sys/conf/options?
>Or just an oversight?  If so, I'll add the following line.

Changing it used to break xntpd's kernel PLL.  Increasing it used to
significantly increase the potential inaccuracy of the clock (from
50 ppm for 100 Hz to 500 ppm for 1000 Hz).  Increasing it is still
harmful for adjtime(2).  This shouldn't be a problem except when xntpd
is misconfigured to use adjtime() instead of the kernel PLL.

Bruce