Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 2020 15:51:18 +0200
From:      Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Github redirects for go based ports seems to be not working as expected

Dear all,

I maintain some ports having outdated information in the go definition.
With outdated I mean that the project as moved in github to another group=
=2E

An example you can find here:
https://gitlab.fechner.net/mfechner/Gitlab/-/commit/12380a1a2e726938175a7=
445396665091e3363d4

The link:
https://github.com/codahale/hdrhistogram

changed to:
https://github.com/HdrHistogram/hdrhistogram-go

So it was necessary to also modify the line in the Makefile from:
|codahale:hdrhistogram:3a0bb77429bd:codahale_hdrhistogram/vendor/github.c=
om/codahale/hdrhistogram=20
\|

to:
|HdrHistogram:hdrhistogram-go:3a0bb77429bd:codahale_hdrhistogram_go/vendo=
r/github.com/codahale/hdrhistogram=20
\|

|Only after this, the download was working again.
If a try to download the files manually in the browser, both links are=20
working:|

https://codeload.github.com/|codahale|/hdrhistogram/tar.gz/3a0bb77429bd?d=
ummy=3D/|codahale|-hdrhistogram-3a0bb77429bd_GH0.tar.gz=20

https://codeload.github.com/HdrHistogram/hdrhistogram-go/tar.gz/3a0bb7742=
9bd?dummy=3D/HdrHistogram-hdrhistogram-go-3a0bb77429bd_GH0.tar.gz

Does anyone have an idea why ports cannot download the old version but mu=
st use the one with renamed group and project?

Thanks a lot!

Gru=C3=9F
Matthias

--=20